"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

All the World's a Stage

It's Theatre Week. Which means I'm in a constant state of Glee. Then again, that might be because I met Jonathan Groff yesterday (see previous blog post). In case you missed the story on that, I was walking along the street, and then Jonathan Groff was in front of me. And then he took a picture with me. And then I about peed my pants.

If you don't know who Jonathan Groff is, you should probably stop pretending like we are that good of friends. And then you should learn to use the interwebs and Google that shit.

Tonight I went and saw Oliver! and it was amazing! I highly recommend it to anyone who can go see it. The set is absolutely astonishing. There were so many levels, and the use of stage was so impressive. The cast was great, but a special shout out to Kerry Ellis as Nancy, Russ Abbot as Fagin, and the boy who played Oliver, who had one of the most amazing voices of anyone I've ever heard, let alone a small child. Also, during curtain call, the audience boo'd the guy playing Bill Sikes twice. And he was so pleased. It ruled.

Tomorrow we are studying the works of Samuel Beckett, which rules, because I enjoy weird and confusing things. Wonder why.

Oh, and I'm going to see The Mousetrap. Which also rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment