"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Friday, August 6, 2010

'I am Half Sick of Shadows'

So I have a 3000 word paper due on Monday morning, so instead I'm gonna write another blog post. I never blog so well as when I am not working on writing a paper. You're Welcome readers.
I've already mentioned that it is Decadent week, and luckily I have been participating in as much decadence as I can. You're Welcome Oscar Wilde.

On Monday our class went to Leighton House, which is the house (that sounded really stupid on my part, sorry) of a famous painter, Lord Leighton (I'm sure you found that very informative). Anyway, the gist about why it's cool is its amazingly decadent interior decorating which was pretty typical for the Dorian Gray-esque world (hence the visit). Since the house is basically famous for its lavish interiors, we were obviously only allowed to take pictures of the exteriors, so here's a cool pic of the gate to the garden. I like perspective shots.

Then on Tuesday we took a trip to the Tate Britain, which was beautiful. I saw one of my absolute favorite paintings of all time, based on one of my absolute favorite poems of all time composed by one of my absolute favorite poets of all time.


"The Lady of Shalott" by John William Waterhouse

"Lying, robed in snowy white
That loosely flew to left and right -
The leave upon her falling light -
Thro' the noises of the night
She floated down to Camelot:
And as the boat-head wound along
The willowy hills and fields among,
They heard her singing her last song,
The Lady of Shalott." - Tennyson

And I got to see the Great Bear. Which is another sweet work of art. Look it up on Google and let your mind be blown. We are gonna have a contest, and the first person to buy me a poster of it for my birthday gets to be my best friend. And gets a mention in the blog. So there's incentive for you.

Also, in other cool things I did on Tuesday, I went to Queen Anne's park in Bloomsbury and took this sweet picture of a flower.

It's blurry on purpose. Because it's artistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment