"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Today Was the Last Day of the First Part of Your Life

Barring any sort of profound revelation or epiphany that I would be a criminal to not blog about immediately in the next 3 hours and 36 minutes, this will be my last blog post as a teenager.

There's not really too much to say other than that I'm really glad I survived teenage pregnancy.

Which for the record, I did.

It feels incredibly anti-climactic to be turning 20. I mean, I'm pleased, don't get me wrong, but it's not lie my life is exactly changing. Ironically, over the past year, I have changed. A lot. I've got confirmation of that theory from multiple sources that I have changed as a person over the course of the year. For one thing, I watch a lot more television.

But really, this has been a pretty amazing year. I started a job as an RA. I survived a year as an RA. I even signed on for another year as an RA because I enjoyed it so much (and I'm not just saying that because sometimes my bosses read my blog. I've been to Israel and London, which are places I never thought I'd ever get to see. I've grown so much as a person over the course of this past year, which is why it's ironic that my life isn't really changing. I'm just a year older, dealing with the same life and the same self-induced, neurotic problems that I didn't really have a year ago.

I'm not bothered by this. I have a really great life. Like one that should be illegal it is so great. It's just interesting to think about. I'm sure I'll have a more interesting blog post tomorrow on my actual birthday. I bet it will make my insight more thoughtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment