"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Monday, November 29, 2010

The Final Countdown

Last Week was a whirlwind of insanity, in what I was calling ThanksgivBatMitzvaggedon, because it felt like everything in my life was going on in this exact same weekend. But, out of some sort of miracle, everything actually worked out really well, and was actually fun. Granted it's not a shocker that I spent hours and hours worrying about things that actually turned out really well. So this blog post is basically a greatest hits album of pictures from the past week.

Monday: Shenanigans. My friend Mark is the RA of the eighth floor, and he accidentally left his door open, and then his residents stole his bed from his room and brought it down to my floor. So this is me and Becky sitting on Mark's bed in my room.

Oh man, he was livid. Hilarious! Big Win.

Tuesday: Mirror Lake Night AKA the night when campus turns into a pseudo military operation and the RA's prepare for battle like Aurors in the Order of the Phoenix versus Voldemort in the Battle for the soul of OSU.

Here is a picture of Becky and I being bad asses.

We made those security badges ourselves out of duck tape. Who could possibly disrespect that?

Thursday: Thanksgiving day. 1/3 of the day was spent with Andy's family, 1/3 with mine eating dinner at the Lakes Golf and Country Club at their absolutely delicious buffet, and 1/3 working in Taylor Tower.

Here is my dad as King Henry VIII. Minus 5 wives. And for the record, my mom is definitely Catherine Parr, minus 3 husbands.


It was a pretty great weekend. My cousin Libby had her Bat Mitzvah, and we partied like it was 1999. She did an amazing job on the bima, and I would like to personally with her a Mazel Tov on one of my favorite Bat Mitzvah speeches to date. Throw in a trouncing of Michigan by the Ohio State Buckeyes (7th victory in a row) and all in all, it was a pretty freaking great weekend.
And just as a personal note, Jim Tressel now has more Big Ten wins in the Big House than Dick Rod. Which rules.

And now I just need to officially start the countdown until winter break:

75 Door Decorations to finish
50 Happy Winter Break cards to fill out
13 Days until I'm allowed to go home
6 Classes left
2 Papers
2 Finals
1 Poetry Portfolio
0 Days until the Finale of the front 9 of Glee.

So Close to Vacation.......

No comments:

Post a Comment