"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Yes, I realized that I haven't blogged in a while, but that was because I came home from Bermuda and my life became boring again and every writer needs a sabbatical right? Anyways, Happy New Year readers, I hope 2011 is as wonderful for you as it is looking to be. So to kick this blog post off...

New Years Resolutions for 2011
1. Get Good Grades. Despite the cliche familiarity that this resolution has, it's message passes the test of time year after year. Plus it is an alliterative statement. Win.
2. Eat Healthier and More Exciting Food. I've decided that I'm going to become a restaurant critic because my true life's calling is to eat and to write about it. So why not start now?
3. Play More Sporcle.com Quizzes. Consider this training for Jeopardy.
4. Watch More TV. There is some speculation, that this seems destructive. I'd like to point out to all the naysayers, that I watched more TV last quarter than in any other single 10 week period in my life, and got the highest GPA I've ever had. Clearly the more TV I watch, the better my grades get.
5. Write More. This is not exclusive to blogging, so I don't want to hear any complainers if the blog posts slow down as school picks up. I heard somewhere from someone that Malcolm Gladwell wrote in his book Outliers, that all one really needs to do to be absolutely proficient in any single activity is complete 10,000 hours of it, and I'm going to become a proficient writer by the time I'm 30.

So those are my goals for the quarter. Otherwise, I'm trying to not go insane staying indoors and get through all of my classes. My schedule is awesome, but you'll hear more about those once I start taking them tomorrow. 'Til then, Happy 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment