"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Crazy Busy Summer of Not Much

It's funny how much time one can spend doing things of very little consequence. Considering I don't have a job (still) and I spend most of my day alone in my apartment, sometimes I feel like I accomplish very little. That being said, here's what I have been doing for the last couple of weeks.
Basically I've been studying for the GRE. I wake up and I review vocabulary flash cards, I eat lunch while working on memorizing geometric equations and I go to bed each night after working on a few practice sentence completions. I took a practice test today and scored likely above 700 in Verbal and roughly (maybe hopefully) above 500 in Math. We'll see. I'm real bad at Math.

In my spare time, I watched the entirety of Dirty Sexy Money on Netflix (which totally ruled). Watching it made me remember how sad I am that the Writers Strike happened, because it led to the cancellation of such fabulous shows as this one, where the wealthiest and most elitist family of New York City does basically everything we expect the rich to do in really fancy clothes. All twenty three episodes were an absolute delight. And Alex and I are watching Flight of the Conchords on DVD, because I've decided it is the summer of "television cancelled too early."

I spend a lot of time making myself fru-fru sandwiches out of the not so special ingredients that I have in my collegiate refrigerator in my apartment behind Wendy's. BONUS TIP-Any sammich becomes instantly better if you add horseradish as a condiment.

And basically other than that I've been watching movies and reading books. I read (and LOVED) Bridget Jones' Diary, and am now working my way through Tina Fey's new book Bossypants. There is really no other way to describe it than just so freaking good. Also, shameless plug for my mother, who has been prompting me to watch Inside Job for about 25 years now, despite the fact I've only been alive for 20 and a half-ish and the movie came out this past year. But whatever way it happened, it is a really interesting look at the financial crisis and it is definitely worth a good viewing. Chock full of fiber and protein for the mind while still being entertaining enough to taste like chocolate.

Other than that, I've been keeping up writing articles for theblacksheeponline.com and I've got two new ones out for July. Linked for you below.



Basically now I'm biding my time until
1. I get a job
2. I die from boredom
3. I run out of movies to watch
4. School starts
5. I run out of money to make cupcakes frequently

I will take all suggestions in comments and via email on how to prevent any of the above five from happening very VERY seriously.

Oh Yea, and also, my good friend Elle is actually having an amazing summer in Israel, so be sure and check out her blog http://elleinisrael.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. BAH SHOUTOUT!
    You are the best.
    I was just about to suggest that you just come to israel but then i got too excited about the shoutout. but you should just come to israel.

    miss you!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete