"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Snorkeling at Nonsuch Island

And let me tell you, there is no nonsense on Nonsuch Island. The five of us took a motor boat out to Nonsuch and then explored a shipwreck and the beautiful (and terrifying) fish that swam up next to us. Here's some shots from the boat ride over.

What Beautiful Babes.
Dad drove over, but then I was allowed to dazzle him with my boat driving skills. Which were impressive if I do say so myself.

And then came the snorkeling. Which was fun, but I almost got attacked by jellyfish, so also sort of terrifying. My family will tell you that there were no jellyfish and that I was seeing things, but I know what a jellyfish looks like and they almost stung me to death.

Here I am pre-jellyfish sneak attack.

And here's the happy family.

And thanks to my Dad's fancy underwater camera, we get to share some of our fabulous underwater fish shots. This one is a parrot fish I think, about the size of an average football.

And here are some striped fish that had no reservations what so ever about swimming right next to your head and pretending to attack you.

Here is a variety of fish that are swimming in and out of a foot and a half wide opening between the rock of the island and the wall of the ship that had wrecked on it. We had to swim through the opening, which was claustrophobic and filled with really big fish. Clearly I was great at it....

Anyways, that was fun but enough snorkeling for me for a long, long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment