"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Day 2: Least favorite film

My friend Andy would probably kill me for saying this, but I really just hate this film.  David Lynch completely over directs in it, and the plot line makes absolutely no sense.  Apparently it is supposed to be that way, but I don't buy it.  Any film that randomly throws in Lesbian Sex Scenes and then tries to pretend they were all part of some amazing master plans that also incorporates a mystical cowboy, a woman with blue hair and "llorando, llorando" is not only trying way to hard, but thinks too highly of itself.

To top it off, this film got a sole Academy Award nomination when it came out, for Best Director.  Seriously Academy? David Lynch can get a freaking nod for one of the worst thought out, overly directed films I have ever seen and Christopher Nolan can't get one for anything he's ever done?Seriously? Did you even watch Inception?

Don't go see this film.  0 out of 4 stars.

For anyone who has seen it, I wish this film would take a hint and be a bit more Club Silencio.


2 comments: