"The Definition of Insanity is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results" - Albert Einstein

Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year, New Blogs

Happy 2013 Readers.

A lot has changed since I stopped writing posts here. Here's the cliff notes version:

I graduated college, but you already know that. After a grueling 15 days of being virtually unemployed, I was offered a job with a fantastic non-profit here in town, and was delighted to accept it. I'd say more, but anything I write here would be a representation of my work, and given that I am wildly unpredictable and usually considered a "loose cannon," it would probably be for the best if I just represented myself. Oh wait I'm thinking of Rush Limbaugh.

OK fine, I'm working for the CIA. Just don't tell anyone.

I had a month to enjoy a summer vacation before I started work. Most of that time was spent eating doughnuts and lounging on a pontoon boat in Russell's Point, Ohio with my boyfriend. And lovely time it was too. Then I started work in August, and I've been living at home and enjoying working ever since.

Given that it is a New Year and

New Year's Resolutions:

1. Read a new book at least every month
2. Write at least one blog post a week of any length / Write in journal twice a week
3. Dress Well Everyday
4. Focus on self-improvement through all facets of life
5. Watch Downton Abbey Every Sunday at 9 PM forever.

The first book on the list is Musicophilia by Oliver Sacks. It's very good but it has a lot of medical terminology in it, which makes it a painfully slow read. I've been reading it for 3 days and I'm on page 32. If I can get used to this pace, my February book may very well end up being Lolita.

In other news, I watched seasons 1 and 2 of Portlandia this weekend, which is the funniest show making fun of hipsters I can think of right now. And the episode about the Brunch Place was seriously like living through this one time I went to Tasi for brunch in the short north.  Maclachlan is offically my third favorite mayer, after of course Mayor Michael Coleman, and the bartender/mayor of Russel's Point at the Landing.

That's all for now folks. Stay tuned for a year of what I'm sure will be neurotic and hopefully not as repetitive as I usually am as I usually am as I usually am.

No comments:

Post a Comment